PICPA podcasts are a quick-and-easy way to keep up on the latest hot topics affecting CPAs in Pennsylvania!
- What You Need to Know About Tangible Property Regulations
- Eric Wallace, CPA, a director with Boyer & Ritter CPAs, discusses why both CPAs and business owners need to understand tangible property regulations.
- Embrace the Elephant in the Room: Disability in the Workplace
- Vito Cosmo, CPA, discusses his battle with Parkinson's Disease and how firms can work with professionals who have disabilities.
- Goodbye Pension Plan, Hello Retirement Challenges
- Donna Massanova, CPA, on her Summer 2014 Pennsylvania CPA Journal column of the disappearing pension plan and what it means for retirement planning.
- New Health Choices Audit Guide Now Available
- In this special segment, John Kaschak, CPA, director, Bureau of Audits, Comptroller Operations at Commonwealth of Pennsylvania discusses new features to this updated audit guide.
- Tax Rate Disparity May Tempt Some to Rethink C Corp
- John Stine and Meghan Jodz, both CPAs from Grant Thornton, address their feature in the spring 2014 issue of the Pennsylvania CPA Journal on C Corp tax rates.
Back to Top ^
Pennsylvania CPA Journal
- Strong Governance Can Be a Nonprofit’s Recipe for Success
- Author Douglas W. Ofcharsky, CPA, takes a look at the latest trends in nonprofit governance, offering a series of suggestions to ensure that your nonprofit is primed for success.
- Eye-Popping Opportunities in the Online World: CPAs Be Aware
- Authors Ed Nickerson and Bruce A. Leauby, CPA, CFE, PhD, look at the way emerging social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, are changing the way CPAs do business.
- Can’t Block Out Tax Law and Financial Reporting Cacophony
- Author Edward R. Jenkins Jr., CPA, provides an update on some of the more recent changes in the areas of taxation, financial reporting, and auditing, and how they are combining to create a difficult work environment for those involved in the...
- Gen Y Anatomy Lesson: They're Not Alien, Just Different
- This cover story from the fall 2010 Pennsylvania CPA Journal, which was authored by Mary Jeanne Welsh, CPA, PhD, and Paul R. Brazina, CPA, talks about the impact Generation Y will have as they enter the accounting workplace, and what members of...
- Use a Steady Hand as You Manage Health Care Reform
- In a feature from the summer 2010 Pennsylvania CPA Journal, Jerry J. Maginnis, CPA, and Edward J. Giniat, CPA, discuss 2010's landmark health care reform legislation and how it will affect the services Pennsylvania CPAs provide to their clients.
Back to Top ^
- 2014 NFP Conference Preview
- Peggy Morrison Outon previews her session for the 2014 Not-for-Profit Conference.
- Financial Leaders Workshop Preview
- Rob Wonderling, president and CEO of the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce, will provide an economic outlook at PICPA's upcoming Financial Leaders Workshop.
- 18 Updates at 2013 PICPA Accounting & Auditing Conference
- PICPA's Ashley Dennon previews the A&A conference with John Fleming, CPA, who will be speaking on FASB updates.
- Financial Institutions Conference Preview with Sec. Moyer
- Glenn Moyer, Pennsylvania's Secretary of Banking and Securities, talks with Ashley Dennon, of PICPA's Strategic Marketing team, about what he'll cover at PICPA's Financial Institutions Conference on Sept. 16.
- Value of Cross Selling
- Bob Firely, CPA, previews his presentation on cross selling for the upcoming Emerging CPAs Conference on June 18 with PICPA's Ashley Dennon.
Back to Top ^