PICPA podcasts are a quick-and-easy way to keep up on the latest hot topics affecting CPAs in Pennsylvania!
- Sarbanes-Oxley: 10 Years Gone
- After 10 years, what have we learned from Sarbanes-Oxley? Patrick Moran, of Attolon Partners, previews his upcoming feature in the Pennsylvania CPA Journal.
- Why China is a Great Place for Business
- Cory Ng, CPA, on why it's important for U.S. companies to consider China as a place to do business.
- 2011-12 Legislative Recap
- Peter Calcara, vice president of PICPA's Government Relations Team, discusses his column on the 2011-2012 legislative session and what's in store for 2012-2013.
- Inside the Diversity Paper with Julius Green
- Julius Green, CPA, chair of PICPA's Diversity Committee, discusses how PICPA's diversity toolkit differs from typical research papers.
- CPAs Using the Election to Educate Consumers
- John Steffee, CPA, chair of PICPA's Image Enhancement Committee, says the election season is a prime moment for CPAs to demonstrate their knowledge of the key fiscal issues.
Back to Top ^
Pennsylvania CPA Journal
- Strong Governance Can Be a Nonprofit’s Recipe for Success
- Author Douglas W. Ofcharsky, CPA, takes a look at the latest trends in nonprofit governance, offering a series of suggestions to ensure that your nonprofit is primed for success.
- Eye-Popping Opportunities in the Online World: CPAs Be Aware
- Authors Ed Nickerson and Bruce A. Leauby, CPA, CFE, PhD, look at the way emerging social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, are changing the way CPAs do business.
- Can’t Block Out Tax Law and Financial Reporting Cacophony
- Author Edward R. Jenkins Jr., CPA, provides an update on some of the more recent changes in the areas of taxation, financial reporting, and auditing, and how they are combining to create a difficult work environment for those involved in the...
- Gen Y Anatomy Lesson: They're Not Alien, Just Different
- This cover story from the fall 2010 Pennsylvania CPA Journal, which was authored by Mary Jeanne Welsh, CPA, PhD, and Paul R. Brazina, CPA, talks about the impact Generation Y will have as they enter the accounting workplace, and what members of...
- Use a Steady Hand as You Manage Health Care Reform
- In a feature from the summer 2010 Pennsylvania CPA Journal, Jerry J. Maginnis, CPA, and Edward J. Giniat, CPA, discuss 2010's landmark health care reform legislation and how it will affect the services Pennsylvania CPAs provide to their clients.
Back to Top ^
- Value of Cross Selling
- Bob Firely, CPA, previews his presentation on cross selling for the upcoming Emerging CPAs Conference on June 18 with PICPA's Ashley Dennon.
- Dan Desko Previews PICPA IT Assurance Conference
- Ashley Dennon, PICPA's strategic marketing assistant, previews the May 6 IT Assurance Conference with Dan Desko, one of the program's speakers.
- Employee Benefit Plans Conference Preview with JoAnn Szupka
- Chrystin McHugh, PICPA Strategic Marketing Manager, previews JoAnn Szupka's upcoming presentation at PICPA's Employee Benefit Plans Conference.
- Lease Accounting and Revenue Recognition Preview
- Dr. Ray Thompson previews two four-hour seminars coming up on April 19.
- What Large Employers Need to Know About Health Care
- Frank Ruggiero, director of broker education at Bollinger Insurance Solutions, previews his Nov. 29 webinar.
Back to Top ^