Money & Life Tips
Find helpful advice on various financial topics covering business and individual areas of interest.
Sign Up for Money & Life E-newsletter
Money & Life Tips by Topic
- Don’t Guess When It Comes to Worker Classifications
- The classification of workers as either employees or independent contractors is one of the most...
- Health Care Reform and Your Small Business
- When the Affordable Care Act was first passed, many small-business owners were concerned about...
More Business Management>
- Financial Fitness for Freshmen
- As you get ready to go away to college for the first time, this is a good time to expand your...
- Financing a Return to College
- You've advanced on the job, but you think that finishing or enhancing your college degree would...
More College Savings >
Credit and Debt Management
- Make a Rewarding Credit Card Choice
- You're ready to sign up for a new credit card that seems to promise a host of appealing rewards....
- Pump Up Your Credit Score
- Are you looking for a way to lower the interest you pay on a mortgage, car loan, credit card...
More Credit and Debt Management >
Homeownership and Mortgage
- Guard Against Tax Return ID Theft
- Identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes nationwide, and tax refund fraud caused by...
- Identity Theft Can Happen to Children Too
- If your child begins to receive offers for preapproved credit cards, it may strike you as...
More Identity Theft>
- Medical Coverage While Traveling Overseas
- The summer vacation season may be winding down, but thousands of people travel overseas each day...
- Deciphering Health Insurance Requirements
- You can't put it off any longer: As of Jan. 1, 2014, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires all...
- Resolving Financial Concerns for Stepfamilies
- Roughly 1,300 new stepfamilies are formed every day, according to the Stepfamily Foundation. And...
- Thoughtful, Inexpensive Ways to Say “I Love You”
- Love may be in the air, and, apparently, so are budgets. The National Retail Federation says...
More Personal Finance >
Retirement Savings and Management
- IRA Early Withdrawal Exceptions
- Choosing to make an early withdrawal from your IRA can be a costly move, resulting in...
- Planning for Retirement Has Many Taxing Issues
- Individuals today have much greater responsibility in funding their retirement plans – a...
More Retirement Savings and Management >
- Appealing an IRS Decision
- Many people do not know what to do if they disagree with an IRS determination about their taxes....
- The Ins and Outs of Filing a Tax Extension
- Sometimes April 15 rolls around faster than expected. Despite the best of intentions,...
More Tax >