Money & Life Tips
Find helpful advice on various financial topics covering business and individual areas of interest.
Sign Up for Money & Life E-newsletter
Money & Life Tips by Topic
- Don’t Guess When It Comes to Worker Classifications
- The classification of workers as either employees or independent contractors is one of the most...
- Health Care Reform and Your Small Business
- When the Affordable Care Act was first passed, many small-business owners were concerned about...
More Business Management>
- Financial Fitness for Freshmen
- As you get ready to go away to college for the first time, this is a good time to expand your...
- Financing a Return to College
- You've advanced on the job, but you think that finishing or enhancing your college degree would...
More College Savings >
Credit and Debt Management
- Get Out of Debt (and Stay Out)
- Are you carrying a large amount of debt? On average, American households have about $15,000 of...
- Make a Rewarding Credit Card Choice
- You're ready to sign up for a new credit card that seems to promise a host of appealing rewards....
More Credit and Debt Management >
Homeownership and Mortgage
- Fraud Prevention for Seniors
- While seniors make up 11 percent of the population, they represent 30 percent of consumer fraud...
- Guard Against Tax Return ID Theft
- Identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes nationwide, and tax refund fraud caused by...
More Identity Theft>
- Medical Coverage While Traveling Overseas
- The summer vacation season may be winding down, but thousands of people travel overseas each day...
- Deciphering Health Insurance Requirements
- You can't put it off any longer: As of Jan. 1, 2014, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires all...
- Don't Fight Over Finances
- When couples argue, what are they most likely fighting about? You may not be surprised to learn...
- Who’s Teaching Your Kids about Money?
- If you take the time to teach your children about money, that’s fantastic. If you’re not, know...
More Personal Finance >
Retirement Savings and Management
- Don’t Let Unexpected Costs Ruin Your Retirement
- Determining how much you’ll need in retirement for housing, food, and other fixed expenses may...
- Tips for Couples on Managing Social Security Benefits
- About 59 million people receive Social Security benefits, according to the Social Security...
More Retirement Savings and Management >
- Appealing an IRS Decision
- Many people do not know what to do if they disagree with an IRS determination about their taxes....
- The Ins and Outs of Filing a Tax Extension
- Sometimes April 15 rolls around faster than expected. Despite the best of intentions,...
More Tax >