Money & Life Tips
Find helpful advice on various financial topics covering business and individual areas of interest.
Sign Up for Money & Life E-newsletter
Money & Life Tips by Topic
- Six Tax Tips for Small-Business Owners
- There are 23 million small businesses in America, according to the U.S. Small Business...
- Growing Your Small Business
- According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, the nation’s 23 million small...
More Business Management>
- College Student Budgeting 101
- How to Make Sure Spending Money Lasts through the School Year College students are heading back...
- Don't Get Swamped by Student Loan Debt
- As students prepare to head back to the books, college planning is on the minds of many families.
More College Savings >
Credit and Debt Management
- Pump Up Your Credit Score
- Are you looking for a way to lower the interest you pay on a mortgage, car loan, credit card...
- Life After Bankruptcy: Get Your Credit and Finances Back on Track
- More than 600,000 bankruptcy cases were filed in the first half of 2012. If you were one of...
More Credit and Debt Management >
Homeownership and Mortgage
- Taxpayer Identity Theft on the Rise
- Taxpayer identity theft continues to increase in the United States. In 2012, there were 1.8...
- Protecting Seniors from Fraud
- Every September, we honor our grandparents with National Grandparent's Day. As this holiday...
More Identity Theft>
- Deciphering Health Insurance Requirements
- You can't put it off any longer: As of Jan. 1, 2014, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires all...
- Personal Life Insurance: Sorting Through the Choices
- The decision of whether or not to purchase life insurance is one that should not be taken...
- Take Control of Holiday Spending
- What are your holiday shopping plans this year? American retail spending during the holidays...
- Don't Make These Five Online Shopping Mistakes
- Online spending in the United States is expected to hit $370 billion by 2017, up from $262...
More Personal Finance >
Retirement Savings and Management
- Retirement Road Blocks for Baby Boomers
- From now until 2030, about 10,000 baby boomers will turn 65 every day, according to the Pew...
- Going Back to Work After Retirement
- Retirement isn't what it used to be. Instead of leaving the workforce at age 65 and hitting the...
More Retirement Savings and Management >
- Tackling Taxes if You're Self-Employed
- Tax time is tough. There's no question about it. It's even more challenging, though, when you're...
- What You Should Know about Taxes and Social Security Benefits
- Will your tax bill this year include taxes on your Social Security benefits? About 55 million...
More Tax >