I misplaced my W-2 form. How can I get a duplicate copy?

I misplaced my W-2 form. How can I get a duplicate copy?

by William R. Lazor, CPA | Jan 03, 2018

I misplaced my W-2 form for Pennsylvania. How can I get a duplicate copy for retirement income from Pennsylvania?

You will have to contact the payor and request a duplicate copy of the W-2 form.

For more resources, check out PICPA’s Money & Life Tips, Ask a CPA, or CPA Locator.

Answered by: William R. Lazor, CPA, is a partner/shareholder with Kronick Kalada Berdy & Company PC in Kingston, Pa.

The responses are based on the limited information provided by the questioner and apply the laws and regulations at the time of posting. Other options could arise as rules and regulations may change over time, including but not limited to the passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017. They are intended to provide general information, not specific accounting or tax advice; they are not intended or written to be used and cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding or evading taxes or penalties under the IRS code or regulations. Views expressed do not imply an opinion of the PICPA, its officers, directors, employees, or members.
Financial FAQs

Search the most frequently asked finance and accounting questions and read the responses from PICPA members. Always consult a CPA before taking action.