Please provide us with an update on the status of the Revenue Modernization Project. When will the systems upgrades go live? In general, what effect will this have on tax filings for corporate, partnership, sales/use, trust fund and other taxes? Will my tax account identification numbers change? Will there be changes to electronic filing and/or electronic payment procedures? Will I be able to receive the same tax ledgers, statements and notices under the new system? Will I be able to access my tax account information online?
- Corporation Taxes is scheduled to Go-Live in 2013. Future Go-Live dates will be mapped at that time.
- The only immediate impacts will be corporate tax filings and those are expected to be very minor for TY 2012 returns. Corporate taxpayers will receive a new Revenue ID but will still be able to file using an existing EIN or Box Number.
- Any changes to e-file or e-pay systems will be relatively minor as well. Please make sure clients’ EIN information is up to date.
- Tax ledgers, statements of account and notices in the new system are undergoing significant changes. We have shared some samples with PICPA representatives on the Advisory Group.
- No changes are being made to online systems at this time. However, the Department’s access to account information through the portal could be progressively increased as taxes are implemented.