Negotiating Unmasked Webinar
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
PICPA Member: $89 | Nonmember: $114
This webinar is hosted by PICPA's partner, Surgent CPE. After registering, you will receive an email from Surgent CPE with the log-in information.
Negotiating Unmasked is intended to provide participants with a practical approach to negotiating.Negotiating should not be thought of as hidden knowledge, nor should there be any mythology surrounding it.This program will analyze the components embedded in negotiating and will provide tips and tools for superior results. This program should prove to be beneficial both for participants who feel uncomfortable with the process and for more experienced negotiators.Participants will be provided with a recipe for successful negotiating to be complemented and accented by each participant’s own special mix of style and expertise.The discussion leader will illustrate this analytical framework with a sprinkling of war stories based on his extensive experience.The goal of Negotiating Unmasked is to demystify the process.Participants will be presented with an analytical framework that will reduce concerns about the process and allow them to concentrate on the subject matter of a negotiation.
- Unmasking negotiating, revealing the true face of negotiating
- Going beyond theory, buzz-words and hype
- How to define “success”
- Identifying the rational and emotional elements of negotiating
- Understanding the larger context surrounding a negotiation
- Analyzing the decision to negotiate; the costs of negotiating
- The pros and cons of how you negotiate
- Establishing procedural rules for a negotiation
- Negotiation as a team activity
- How to gain control of a negotiation
- The hardest thing to negotiate
- On-the-fly and extended negotiations
- Contract as negotiating tool or impediment
- Negotiation as relationship building
You May Also Like
Oct. 27 | Webinar
Aug. 4 | Webinar
July 27 | Webinar