John H. Higgins,
Chief Partnership Officer
CPA Crossings LLC
John serves as a strategic technology advisor to CPAs in the planning and
deployment of effective technology solutions and workflow automation. As a
co-founder of CPA Crossings, John specializes in facilitating the development of
strategic technology plans, paperless workflows, client portal solutions and a
comprehensive digital practice model. John recently co-authored "Ten Steps to a
Digital Practice in the Cloud", published by the AICPA. This book provides CPAs
with a strategic roadmap for taking their firms online by leveraging cloud
computing. John also developed an innovative model for delivering live CPE
courses that utilize the Apple iPad to provide electronic course materials and
an interactive classroom environment. John’s primary qualification is his
passion for helping CPAs achieve success by leveraging technology. He has
extensive knowledge and experience working with CPAs throughout the country.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Actively involved in working with local, regional and national CPA firms
over the past 25 years in the implementation of technology to automate
- Awarded for being one of the Top 25 Thought Leaders in the accounting
profession by The CPA Practice Advisor (www.cpapracticeadvisor.com) in
2011, 2012 and 2013.
- Co-author of "10 Steps to a Digital Practice in the Cloud," published by
the American Institute of CPAs.
- Facilitated hundreds of planning sessions and retreats to develop
strategic plans, technology plans, workflow design, innovative client services
- Nationally recognized speaker and author on technology issues affecting
the CPA profession, with an emphasis on transforming to a digital practice
- Author of the annual Document Management Software Review for the CPA
Practice Advisor magazine.
- Former national consulting partner with a top 10 CPA firm.
- Member of the AICPA Business & Industry Hall of Fame.
- Past Chair of the Michigan Association of CPAs.
- Past member of the AICPA Council and CPE Advisory Committee.
- MACPA Innovative User of Technology award recipient.