Unconscious Bias with Dr. Toby Groves Webinar
10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
PICPA Member: $49 | Nonmember: $74
This webinar is hosted by PICPA's partner, CPA Crossings, LLC. After registering, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the log-in information.
Unconscious bias is shaped by automatic, implicit associations through our experiences, attitudes, beliefs and culture. These influences directly affect our behavior and decisions. This fascinating session uses the latest cognitive and behavioral research along with demonstrations of implicit association experiments to help attendees unveil hidden biases that impact decisions related to accounting and auditing.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.Learning Objectives:
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Identify three strategies for detecting decision-making biases
- Identify three ways unconscious bias affects audit investigations
- Identify at least one influence affecting stereotype development
- Define implicit learning
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Advanced strategies to recognize decision-making biases in your work
- How audit investigations are affected by unconscious bias
- The neuroscience behind implicit associations
- Cognitive diversity and group decision making
- How stereotypes develop
- Ethical decisions and implicit associations