Pride, Greed, Lust, Envy, Gluttony, Wrath, Sloth. Have you ever thought of these "7 Deadly Sins" in terms of ethics at your organization? Well, Jo did in her book, Becoming the Everyday Ethicist, and she can't wait to share her thoughts with you. In this session, we will explore seven potential "ethical" sins in organizations today. From the WRATH of "disingenuous leaders" to the LUST of those with the "move fast and break things" mentality to the ENVY of organizations who do things just because "everyone is doing it".
The question is, which of the sins will your organization fall prey to? And how can you, as a leader (whether you are an audit, risk, compliance, accounting, or other business professional), prevent it? Get ready for this thought-provoking, innovative session on ethics!
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.Learning Objectives:
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize each of the 7 deadly ethical sins
- Identify if any of the 7 deadly ethical sins are present at your organization
- Recall real-life ethics and fraud cases and dissect the "why" behind each case
- Distinguish ways you, as a leader, can detect and prevent each of the ethical sins
The major topics covered in this class include:
- Real-life ethics and fraud cases
- Importance of auditing culture
- Using surveys and other tools to identify culture and ethics issues
You May Also Like
Oct. 21 | Webinar
Nov. 10 | Webinar
Oct. 24 | Webinar