How to Reopen and Challenge an Assessed Tax Webinar
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
PICPA Member: $79 | Nonmember: $104
This webinar is hosted by PICPA's partner, CPA Crossings, LLC. After registering, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the log-in information.
Waking Up the Dead: How to Challenge an Assessed Tax: This program explains the opportunities for practitioners to reopen assessed tax liabilities, including audit reconsideration, doubt-as-to-liability offers, amending tax returns, and challenging the assessment at a CDP hearing. The program will explain each option and when practitioners should consider utilizing each of them.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.Learning Objectives:
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Understand how to request audit reconsideration
- Identify when is it possible to use an amended return to reopen a bad assessment
- Explain how Doubt-as-to-Liability Offers work
- Understand how to utilize a CDP hearing to force a reconsideration of a tax liability
- Describe how to use refund requests to reopen a bad assessment
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- The means that CPAs can reopen closed assessments,
- Doubt-as-to-liability offers
- Audit reconsideration
- Amended returns