Introduction to Forensic Accounting Webinar
PICPA Member: $139 | Nonmember: $189
Experience with individual and business clients
This webinar is hosted by PICPA's partner, Surgent CPE. After registering, you will receive an email from Surgent CPE with the log-in information.
Forensic accounting encompasses fraud investigation and prevention, as well as a wide variety of functions in litigation. Forensic accountants provide services ranging from serving as an expert witness, to litigation consultant and bankruptcy trustee. As our economy grows more complex, the need for forensic accountants grows as well. One critical role of the forensic accountant is exposing and examining financial fraud. Technology expands the way companies conduct business; however, technology also provides greater opportunities for those willing to commit fraud. Forensic accountants rely on their skills in accounting, coupled with their investigative skills, to explain to clients, courts, and jurors how fraudulent schemes occur and the effect caused by fraud. Forensic accountants also provide expert opinions in calculating damages in litigation and administering bankruptcy estates, as well as a host of other services.
- Review of the different aspects of forensic accounting
- The civil litigation process as it relates to forensic accounting
- Litigation services provided by forensic accountants
- Fraud detection and prevention
- Various types of fraud
- Training and certifications in forensic accounting
- Forensic accounting in bankruptcy proceedings
- Forensic accounting in family law proceedings
- Calculating damages for use in litigation
- Ethical issues pertinent to forensic accounting