The Federal Taxation Committee maintains
a proactive dialogue with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), provides comment
and guidance on federal tax policy, upholds relationships with Pennsylvania’s
congressional delegation, and maintains stakeholder liaison representation on
behalf of the PICPA.
- Maintain liaison relationship with IRS
representatives for the purpose of resolving issues affecting the profession
and the public interest in the administration of the federal tax laws within
- Monitor federal tax activity and provide comments to
appropriate entities, as necessary.
- Hosts an annual "End-of-Year Wrap-Up" webinar.
- Provide periodic content for the CPA Now blog and
podcasts relating to tax reform and other relevant topics.
- Foster relationships with members of the Pennsylvania
Meetings take place twice per year—in the
spring via conference call and in the fall in Harrisburg. Additional meetings
may be held at the call of the chair. Feedback is requested periodically via