The Local Government Accounting and
Auditing Committee provides a forum to discuss emerging issues related to
governmental accounting and auditing and to comment on proposed professional
guidance of standard-setting bodies related to government accounting and
auditing, such as the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) and
Government Accountability Office (GAO) exposure drafts. The committee also
develops educational programs.
- Provide a forum to discuss emerging issues related to
government accounting and auditing.
- Comment on proposed professional guidance of
standard-setting bodies related to government accounting and auditing, such as
GASB and GAO exposure drafts.
- Identify and discuss emerging government accounting and
auditing practice issues affecting practitioners and follow-up as deemed
- Maintain liaison relationship between the PICPA and both
governmental and nongovernmental organizations related to government
accounting and auditing.
- Attend the fall conference planning meeting and annual
July committee meeting in Hershey.
- Actively participate in the planning meeting by offering
possible speaker contacts for topics discussed. Follow-up with PICPA staff as
needed after the meeting to assure speakers are contacted. If you are unable
to attend, forward topic and speaker suggestions to the PICPA conference
administrator prior to the meeting.
- Within two weeks of the conference planning meeting,
contact any proposed speakers to confirm their availability and willingness to
participate. Provide potential speakers with the conference date, session
time, and topic. Relay confirmation information to the PICPA conference
- Provide on-site assistance at the annual conference,
including introducing the speaker you recruited. (As a committee member you receive a 50% discount off the cost of
the registration fee for the Local Government and School District
- If participating in the GASB subcommittee, participate in
periodic conference calls to discuss exposure drafts and offer feedback as
requested via email.