Pension and Profit-Sharing Plan Strategies Webinar
9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
PICPA Member: $245 | Nonmember: $345
Basic knowledge of qualified retirement plans.
This webinar is hosted by PICPA's partner, The California Society of CPAs. After registering, you will receive an email from the California Society with the log-in information.
- Determine appropriate plans for your clients.
- Identify administration and compliance issues.
- Recognize fiduciary risk management.
- Recognize key income tax issues related to plan funding.
- Identify problematic plans and potential pitfalls.
- Identify and review types of retirement plans: defined benefit, profit sharing, traditional Sec. 401(k), safe harbor 401(k), Roth Sec. 401(k) and employee stock ownership.
- Types of documents: advantages and disadvantages, where they fit and plan termination issues
- Types of retirement plans
- Plan selection and design
- Contribution and deduction limits and timing
- Sec. 404(c) compliance
- Reporting and disclosure: Form 5500 and participant communications
- Legislative environment
- In-plan Roth conversions
|Mark Clark is a partner in Benefit
Associates, Inc., a fee-only pension and profit-sharing plan consulting
and administration firm based in Orange, Calif. His areas of practice
include complex issues relating to the design, implementation, and
operation of qualified retirement plans. Mr. Clark is a member of the
California Society of CPAs, the American Society of Pension Professionals
& Actuaries and the National Institute of Pension Administrators. He
is a guest lecturer at the University of California, Irvine's CFP program
and a chapter speaker at CalCPA meetings throughout the state. He is a
course instructor and a conference speaker for the Education Foundation
and a course instructor and author for Spidell
You May Also Like
Dec. 13 | Webinar
Dec. 13 | Webinar
Dec. 13 | Harrisburg