College Financial Planning: Graduate School Webinar
2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
PICPA Member: $79 | Nonmember: $104
Basic tax knowledge.
This webinar is hosted by PICPA's partner, The California Society of CPAs. After registering, you will receive an email from the California Society with the log-in information.
- Determine financial aid forms that are required.
- Identify available funding sources for graduate school and which ones to use first.
- Recognize the available educational tax benefits to students.
- Applying to graduate school: admissions exams (GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT)
- Financial aid forms: Free Application for Federal Student Aid; respective college financial aid forms; and personal, financial and college information required
- Funding graduate school: student, federal and private loans; employment; and family support
- Educational tax benefits: Lifetime Learning Credit; Student Loan Interest Deduction; qualified tuition plans (529 plans); Coverdell Education Savings accounts; U.S. Savings bonds; Section 127: Employer Education Assistance Plans; Section 2503; and IRA withdrawals for education.
|Gary Carpenter, CPA, CCA, is the
owner and president of College Planning Services, a provider of college
planning strategies and seminars based in Syracuse, NY. He is also
co-founder of the CollegeLOAN Evaluator. Carpenter has provided continuing
professional education courses in college planning and financial aid for
various state CPA societies.|
Carpenter is co-author of College
Financial Planning for Any Income Level. He has been quoted in
the Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Kiplinger’s Personal
Finance, AARP Magazine, Money, Financial Advisor and on MSNBC and CNBC. He
is the executive director and co-founder of the National College Advocacy
Group (NCAG). A member of AICPA and the New York State Society of
Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA), he is chair of the Personal
Financial Planning Committee for
You May Also Like
Nov. 7 | Malvern
April 19 | Webinar
April 19 | Cranberry