Introduction to Fraud Case Work Webinar
PICPA Member: $79 | Nonmember: $104
This webinar is hosted by PICPA's partner, CPA Crossings, LLC. After registering, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the log-in information.
Have you ever thought that entering transactions, reconciling accounts, and preparing tax returns was the definition of accounting? You have probably seen it in your practice but just didn't know what to do about it. We're talking about accounting fraud. The good news is you can fight against it. This course introduces you to fraud case work. It's about changing the way you look at financial data.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.Learning Objectives:
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Begin a fraud case engagement, onboard clients, pricing, engagement letters, and how to approach the initial meeting
- Identify what you will need in order to create a successful case plan and checklists, including but not limited to: accounting file analysis, tax return vs. accounting records vs. backup documentation, etc.
- Read a complaint document, damages summary, stipulation and protective order, exhibits, and the goals and objectives for your services as the accountant
- Recognize the basic steps to begin the analysis of the case and provide expert opinions and how to write the findings in an expert report
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- How to begin working in the area of fraud case work utilizing the same exact tools you currently know, but just changing the way you analyze what you are looking at.
- Learn how to create a simple case plan and checklist including tax return vs. accounting files
- The importance of source documents
- How to read a complaint
You May Also Like
June 13 | Webinar
May 24 | Webinar
May 25 | Webinar