Payroll Essentials: The Payroll Cycle of Life Webinar
PICPA Member: $79 | Nonmember: $104
This webinar is hosted by PICPA's partner, CPA Crossings, LLC. After registering, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the log-in information.
Payroll is among the most common tasks an employer undertakes in the course of running their business. At its most basic level, payroll consists of an agreement between an employer and employee related to compensation for services. Once you pull back the curtain, there is so much more to payroll, including various kinds of compensation, payroll taxes and required reporting on various government forms.
This course will provide a general introduction to the payroll cycle of life, including real life examples of how to process payroll, the withholding and payroll tax deposit regime, common payroll forms, and tips and tricks for tying it all together.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.Learning Objectives:
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Recognize the common types of compensation
- Distinguish the various types of payroll taxes and other deductions from pay
- Recall what makes up a payroll tax deposit
- Recall the basic frequency rules and requirements
- Distinguish the various types of payroll tax returns employers need to file and the due dates of these forms
- Identify the components in the payroll cycle of life
- Select IRS publications that are useful resources on payroll topics for employers
The major topics covered in this class include:
- A general review of compensation and payroll taxes from a broad perspective
- A walk through of the payroll process
- Explanations and examples of payroll processing, payroll tax deposits, and payroll returns
- Resources, recommendations, and guidance on compensation, payroll and payroll related topics
You May Also Like
Aug. 15 | Webinar
Sept. 21 | Webinar
Aug. 30 | Webinar