The IRS Collection Process Webinar
PICPA Member: $79 | Nonmember: $104
This webinar is hosted by PICPA's partner, CPA Crossings, LLC. After registering, you will receive an email from email@example.com with the log-in information.
Many practitioners believe IRS collection activities to be random when in fact the process is a very direct and formulaic approach to resolving back tax debts. This program explains the process so you can easily understand where your client is in the collection process, and where the opportunities exist to resolve your client’s back-tax issue. The program includes sample forms and letters so practitioners can see what the various IRS notices look like and recognize them when they show up.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.Learning Objectives:
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Understand how the IRS Collection Process works
- Explain the impact of the ten-year collection statute on collection alternatives
- Describe how tax liens work
- Understand the mechanics of a tax levy
- Describe what the four collection alternatives are and when to select one over the other
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Review of the IRS collection process
- IRS enforcement
- Collection alternatives to resolve an outstanding tax debt