By India Taylor, PICPA Administrator, Public Accounting Programs
PICPA’s Small Firm Alliance provides small firms and sole practitioners with the support features that are harder to come by when compared to their larger counterparts. The main goal of the Small Firm Alliance is to provide small firms and sole practitioners with opportunities to connect with peers, share resources, and alleviate some of the financial burdens of operating a small business.
The Small Firm Alliance currently has over 40 PICPA members across Pennsylvania and continues to grow and evolve to meet the needs of our members.
Here is a quick overview of some of the benefits to which PICPA Small Firm Alliance members have access:
- Alliance member directory available to Small Firm Alliance members upon request.
- Virtual info sessions on technical and practice management topics, featuring roundtable discussions with industry experts.
- Discounted listings on PICPA's job board.
- Concierge contact within the PICPA.
- Private LinkedIn group for ease of communication and collaboration between members.
Running a small business is difficult. The PICPA tries to make the burden lighter by providing discounted services to Small Firm Alliance members. Here are some of the Small Firm Alliance business partners:
- SmartVault – Online document storage and secure file sharing. Small Firm Alliance members will receive 15% lifetime discounts, 50% discount on setup and training.
- KPInterface – No-cost consultation to discuss the firm's network, cybersecurity, BCDR, cloud, IT road mapping, and compliance for Small Firm Alliance members.
- Miles Media – Small business marketing agency. Alliance members will receive a 20% discount on all web services, free web hosting for one-year, a 10% discount on a printing order, a 20% discount on consulting services, and a free one-hour marketing consultation.
- Future Firm Accelerate – An online coaching membership that helps busy firm owners quickly scale a systematic accounting firm that drastically reduces their workload. The program includes online training, coaching from a former firm owner that took his online firm from scratch to sale in five years, and a community of 450-plus modern firm owners who share best practices. Small Firm Alliance members will receive their first month of membership for only $15.
- EPSA – Educational presentations regarding the R&D tax credit, including which industries qualify and which activities and expenses can be included. Additionally, clients of Small Firm Alliance members will receive a 10% reduction in EPSA's fees.
- Xero – Get 25% off for the first six months. Watch this to learn more about this cloud-based accounting software platform.
- Capstan – In the face of growing tax code complexity, it's almost impossible to cover every area with in-house resources. Capstan Tax Strategies will work closely with you to bring value-added services like cost segregation, energy studies, and R&D tax credits to your clients. Exclusive for Small Firm Alliance members only:
- Live webinar for members of their firm, free of charge.
- Exclusive access to periodic Capstan videos on hot industry topics.
- Access to the full slate of frequently requested Capstan CPA tools, including our depreciation accelerators, tangible property regulations flowchart, and more.
If you are interested in joining PICPA’s Small Firm Alliance program, or know someone who might be interested, simply fill out an application. Please reach out to India Taylor with any questions about the program.
Sign up for PICPA's weekly professional and technical updates by completing this form.
Statements of fact and opinion are the authors’ responsibility alone and do not imply an opinion on the part of the PICPA's officers or members. The information contained herein does not constitute accounting, legal, or professional advice. For actionable advice, you must engage or consult with a qualified professional.