The Pennsylvania CPA Journal
is published quarterly, with release dates in March, June, September, and December.
A digital-only version of the magazine is released in late-April.
2017-2018 Editorial Calendar
| ||Fall 2017 ||Winter 2018 ||Spring 2018 || Digital-Only 2018 ||Summer 2018 |
|Editorial Copy Due ||June 30 ||Sept. 30 ||Dec. 30 || March 1 ||March 30 |
|Ad Space Reservations ||July 15 ||Oct. 15 ||Jan. 15 || March 15 ||April 15 |
|Ad Materials Due ||Aug. 1 ||Nov. 1 ||Feb. 1 || April 1 ||May 1 |
|Publication Date ||Sept. 10 ||Dec. 10 ||March 10 || April 25 ||June 10 |
Features appear in each issue to provide in-depth coverage of hot topics and developing issues.
Ten to eleven columns appear in each issue, providing a brief discussion of specific topic areas.
Accounting & Assurance* – Covers topics of general interest to those engaged in accounting, auditing, and assurance services.
- Business Transformations – Covers the anatomy of a merger agreement, due diligence, and the closing of the deal.
- Business & Industry* – Covers industry-specific news and hot topics.
- Careers & Lifestyles – Covers topics regarding quality of life issues. Emphasizes balancing personal life with career demands.
- Education – Covers topics of interest to accounting educators. Emphasizes practical ideas for improving accounting curricula.
- Emerging CPAs - Highlights opportunities and addresses challenges for those just entering the CPA profession.
- Employee Benefit Plans – Covers topics of interest to those engaged in the designing of employee benefit plans.
- Ethics – Covers topics in the area of ethics, including common errors and frequently asked questions.
- Federal Tax* – Covers news and hot topics in federal taxation and tax compliance.
- Government/Not-for-Profit – Covers topics of general interest to those engaged in governmental or nonprofit accounting and auditing.
- International Tax - Covers news and hot topics affecting the global tax landscape, particularly how it affects Pennsylvania firms involved in the international marketplace.
- Liability Lessons* – Insightful lessons are presented by these reviews of professional liability claims against other accountants.
- Litigation Support – Covers topics of interest to those engaged in litigation support, including such areas as business valuation, criminal investigations, and divorce.
- Personal Financial Planning – Covers topics of interest to those engaged in personal financial and estate planning, including such areas as trusts, insurance, and investing.
- Practice Succession Planning - Covers topics of interest to CPAs looking to identify the proper exit strategy for their CPA firm, whether it be sale, merger, or internal succession.
- Practitioners – Covers topics of interest to Pa. practitioners.
- State & Local Tax* – Covers news and hot topics in Pennsylvania taxation and tax compliance.
- Technology - Covers the explosive growth in technology and how it affects business operations and the services firms provide clients.
- Women in Accounting - Addresses issues faced by women as they journey through their careers as CPAs.
*Appear in every issue
Departments (print edition and digital magazine only)
- Image Enhancement – Highlights activities undertaken by PICPA members to enhance the image of the CPA brand in the public eye.
- Legislative News – Covers recent or pending legislation that could affect CPAs and promotes PICPA's lobbying initiatives.
- Member Recognitions – Covers member news, including new hires, promotions, appointments, newsmaking activities, and awards.
- Member Spotlight – Covers interesting practice areas and unique hobbies of PICPA members.
- Special Features – Highlights special programs and awards sponsored by the PICPA, including student scholarships and the Young Leaders Award.