The Pennsylvania CPA Journal
is published quarterly, with release dates in March, June, September, and December.
A digital-only version of the magazine is released in late-April.
2018-2019 Editorial Calendar
|| Digital-Only 2019
|Editorial Copy Due
|| March 1
|Ad Space Reservations
|| March 15
|Ad Materials Due
|| April 1
|| April 25
Features appear in each issue to provide in-depth coverage of hot topics and developing issues.
Ten to eleven columns appear in each issue, providing a brief discussion of specific topic areas.
Accounting & Assurance* – Covers topics of general interest to those engaged in accounting, auditing, and assurance services.
- Business Transformations – Covers the anatomy of a merger agreement, due diligence, and the closing of the deal.
- Business & Industry* – Covers industry-specific news and hot topics.
- Careers & Lifestyles – Covers topics regarding quality of life issues. Emphasizes balancing personal life with career demands.
- Education – Covers topics of interest to accounting educators. Emphasizes practical ideas for improving accounting curricula.
- Emerging CPAs - Highlights opportunities and addresses challenges for those just entering the CPA profession.
- Employee Benefit Plans – Covers topics of interest to those engaged in the designing of employee benefit plans.
- Ethics – Covers topics in the area of ethics, including common errors and frequently asked questions.
- Federal Tax* – Covers news and hot topics in federal taxation and tax compliance.
- Government/Not-for-Profit – Covers topics of general interest to those engaged in governmental or nonprofit accounting and auditing.
- International Tax - Covers news and hot topics affecting the global tax landscape, particularly how it affects Pennsylvania firms involved in the international marketplace.
- Liability Lessons* – Insightful lessons are presented by these reviews of professional liability claims against other accountants.
- Litigation Support – Covers topics of interest to those engaged in litigation support, including such areas as business valuation, criminal investigations, and divorce.
- Personal Financial Planning – Covers topics of interest to those engaged in personal financial and estate planning, including such areas as trusts, insurance, and investing.
- Practice Succession Planning - Covers topics of interest to CPAs looking to identify the proper exit strategy for their CPA firm, whether it be sale, merger, or internal succession.
- Practitioners – Covers topics of interest to Pa. practitioners.
- State & Local Tax* – Covers news and hot topics in Pennsylvania taxation and tax compliance.
- Technology - Covers the explosive growth in technology and how it affects business operations and the services firms provide clients.
- Women in Accounting - Addresses issues faced by women as they journey through their careers as CPAs.
*Appear in every issue
Departments (print edition and digital magazine only)
- Image Enhancement – Highlights activities undertaken by PICPA members to enhance the image of the CPA brand in the public eye.
- Legislative News – Covers recent or pending legislation that could affect CPAs and promotes PICPA's lobbying initiatives.
- Member Recognitions – Covers member news, including new hires, promotions, appointments, newsmaking activities, and awards.
- Member Spotlight – Covers interesting practice areas and unique hobbies of PICPA members.
- Special Features – Highlights special programs and awards sponsored by the PICPA, including student scholarships and the Young Leaders Award.