If you have expertise in a particular subject and a willingness to share your knowledge with others, consider writing for the Pennsylvania CPA Journal or CPA Now. These outlets are a great way to share your technical expertise with colleagues and increase firm visibility in the profession.
The Pennsylvania CPA Journal is PICPA's flagship publication and is a highly valued member benefit. This four-color publication is published quarterly and consists of three feature articles as well as regularly scheduled columns. Topics range from audits and federal tax topics to career and lifestyle issues. PICPA members, student affiliates, and legislators receive this publication.
To author an article for the Pennsylvania CPA Journal, review the author guidelines and contact the appropriate member of the editorial board.
- Contact the managing editor at (267) 675-6261 to discuss potential topics and find out who the appropriate column coordinator would be.
- Submit article or column at required length:
- Feature - 2,500 words
- Column - 900 words
- Be sure that your contact, whether it is a column coordinator or the editorial board chair, has seen and approved the feature or column before it is sent to the editor.
- Submit articles as an email attachment to email@example.com.
- Be sure to include the following in your email:
- Phone number
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Also include a brief biography (three to four sentences) that includes your job title and place of employment.
- Feature authors are required to submit a print-ready (300 dpi) color headshot.
- Contact the managing editor at firstname.lastname@example.org or (267) 675-6261 if you have any questions.
We do accept unsolicited articles. However, when articles are sent directly to the PICPA, they are forwarded to the appropriate coordinator. Coordinators will contact authors if they are interested in using the article. There is no guarantee as to when or if the article will be published.
We encourage you to follow the procedures described above to ensure timeliness and efficiency.
Pennsylvania CPA Journal Column Coordinators
To publish a column or feature in the Pennsylvania CPA Journal, contact the appropriate editorial board member listed below.